Saturday, May 8, 2010

I got style and I got...

So I'm sure you've all seen Beyonce's new video "Why don't you love me?". I LOVE the look of it. It's completely retro with these perfect modernizations where they are needed.



It's all gaudy gold jewelry and ultra dramatic cat eyes. It seems that Beyonce and I may be a little in sync lately since I FINALLY caved and bough Chanel's "Nouvelle Vague" nail polish after lusting for months and months. It is apparently the exact shade she wears in the video.



Then yesterday I caved in again at the mall and got Mac's Viva Glam/Lady Gaga lipstick which is a perfect ultra pale but ultra pink lipstick (which I am very eager to really try) and looks like it would be a perfect shade for this video. On top of the amazing accessories and make-up you have ultra voluminous hair and big old curls. I am SOLD.



Maybe because deep down I kind of wish I could be Bettie Page style pin-up for a day or maybe it's an early dose of excitement for season four of Mad Men but I can't get enough of this video.



The video is chock full of 50's/60's pin-up style looks so give it a watch if you like that style. For even more on the clothes in the video check out the post from my friend over at The Party Novel.

3 comments:

  1. Oooh girl I love this post. I will never ever get tired of looking at this music video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently got this colour too and I AM IN LOVE. It's addicting and I love to look at my nails when I'm daydreaming in class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. her nail color IS pretty. wow, that's a great shade. it's making me want to get my nails done.

    i love 50s/60s pin up looks and the feel of this video is great. it reminds me of 'cool' by gwen stefani. but that's just me. i loved that video too.

    ReplyDelete